With wasteful healthcare spending in the US estimated at $935 billion, we take our role as a
healthcare innovator very seriously. Simply put, Apervita is on a mission to change the face of healthcare. We intend to do this by continuously improving the value of healthcare delivery through performance, measurements and insights.
Recognized as the trusted source for performance measurement through our proprietary cloud- based rules engine, we address the complexities of an industry transitioning to value-based and accountable care arrangements. Serving one of the nation’s largest regulatory organizations, more than 1-in-2 US hospitals and several nationally recognized health plans, Apervita conducts more than 10 billion value-based computations annually, providing vital insights that enable collaboration, build trust and advance value-centric care.
As we move into our next phase of growth, we’re looking for smart, passionate and fearless professionals to help us pursue our mission. We’ve earned the trust of our investors, including Optum Ventures, Baird Capital, Pritzker Group Venture Capital and Math Venture Partners, to further grow and scale our business in 2020. We’ve also been recognized as an industry leader by Gartner, CIOReview, Healthcare Tech Outlook and Healthcare Informatics. Always in search of the next “first,” Apervita was recently named the first company to certify electronic clinical quality measures from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) using our proprietary clinical quality language (CQL) ingestion engine. This is a significant leap forward in healthcare quality innovation and an indication of where we’re headed. We’re clearly on the cusp of something big and
bold and can’t wait to see what happens next.
Are you up to the challenge?
Opportunity: Product Manager
As Product Manager, you are responsible for managing Apervita’s core Platform product. The Apervita Platform is a highly secure, cloud-based, grid computing architecture that provides core functionality to both Apervita-built products and customer-built applications. You are a demonstrated leader and a strong cross-functional team collaborator who has experience managing complex software product offerings. You have a strong understanding of market strategy and will work closely with sales, marketing, support, product, and engineering team members. In collaboration with, and reporting to, the VP Product Management, you are responsible for defining and leading Platform product strategy, marketing, and pricing. You are responsible for aligning product performance goals to overall business objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Determine customers' needs and market opportunities by conducting and analyzing user, industry, and competitor research to inform product vision and strategy.
• Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by developing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
• Define the roadmap for Platform products and capabilities, coordinate with dependent Apervita Product leaders, and translate into user stories.
• Fulfill Product Owner responsibilities in Agile development methodology by maintaining a prioritized backlog and appropriately aligning with technical team leaders to ensure product team is driving efficiently towards achievement of delivery goals.
• Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality balanced against scope and timeline to support business goals.
• Coordinate release versions across environments with Product, Development, and Operations teams.
• Guide and oversee the efforts of Product team members to develop and communicate high-quality specifications to the Development team and related stakeholders.
• Win product market share by working with marketing, sales, and financial leaders to develop and support go-to-market efforts, including demonstrations, pricing, proposals, marketing content, and results evaluations.
• Establish and monitor key product performance metrics, short-term and long-term product financial forecasts, and special reports and analyses to inform management decision-making.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
● 5-7 years professional product management experience for software as a service (SaaS) platforms or related offerings.
● Healthcare experience required.
● Experience operating in an Agile development environment is required. Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
● Role is based in Chicago but will consider remote candidates. Occasional, in-person presence required post-COVID.
● Ability to prioritize requirements and create prototypes and mockups.
● Strong project management and time management skills.
● Excellent judgement and ability to manage and communicate effectively regarding issues and risks inherent in complex software product development.
● Curiosity, critical thinking, and data-driven problem-solving proficiency.
● Business case development experience.
● Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills.
● Ability to build collaborative and collegial working relationships with colleagues and clients with a variety of skills and backgrounds.
● Ability to explain intricate and complicated concepts and ideas.