Apervita is the fastest growing platform and marketplace for health analytics and data. It provides an industry-scale Platform-as-a-Service for health computing, delivery, and interoperation. Health enterprises use the Apervita platform to make it easy and repeatable to implement analytics-driven solutions and deliver insights to their workflow. Apervita’s unique approach allows for friction-less, controlled interoperation across sites, systems, and organizations. Apervita is backed by top healthcare VC’s and corporate investors such as Optum Ventures, GE Ventures, Pritzker and Baird. Apervita has been awarded many accolades including Gartner Cool Vendor.
Customer Success is when our Customers believe they are wildly successful achieving their desired outcome through their interactions with and use of Apervita. The Customer Success Team is responsible for the overall business success and executive relationship with Apervita customers.
As a Business Analyst, you’ll build deep relationships with our customers to help them realize and maximize the value of Apervita. You’ll be an integral part of their success, bringing value to every interaction and helping to transform giant ideas into reality.
We’re looking for individuals who have a passion for technology and the ambition to dive head-first into new challenges. You’ll need to become an Apervita technology expert. You’ll need to be adaptive and excited at the opportunity to help invent new software solutions, improve upon what’s already been built, and interact with customers on a daily basis. This is a rare opportunity to join a new team in one of its most exciting phases.
Your role will include an array of responsibilities – there will be a fair share of challenges, but even more opportunities. If you are up for this challenge, are excited about working directly with Apervita customers to positively impact patient lives and believe you can keep pace with a rapidly growing company with ambitious goals, we would love to hear from you. This is a full-time salaried position with great benefits and awesome coworkers.
You might be a good fit if…
- You are fearless in front of customers.
- You understand and are not afraid of healthcare data and technology. We’ll teach you all about the Apervita platform, but our customers and product are inherently technical.
- You are a self-starter. We’re still building the program, so you’ll be responsible for owning and executing on projects and initiatives.
- You embrace teamwork. You’ll be working with multiple teams on a regular basis (sales, marketing, engineering, support, product, etc.), to collect and document requirements. Sometimes it takes a village to get a customer over the finish line. Customer Success results from all of the combined interactions with leadership, finance, marketing, sales, informatics, engineering, and everyone else engaging Customers throughout their entire lifecycle.
- You are adaptive. You love an ever-changing environment where you are constantly improving yourself and your processes.
- You are an expert communicator. You can communicate effectively, regardless of the audience or medium.
- You have an eye for spotting risk. You can identify and mitigate risk while helping our customers meet their goals.
- You are entrepreneurially minded. In this role you will be empowered to own and manage all aspects of the customer delivery and support relationship.
- Your primary responsibilities will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and performing some user acceptance testing. To succeed in this role, you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
- Define business requirements and process flows using Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Define and implement the most effective requirements gathering process, lead the requirements gathering process for and work with the end users and other stakeholders to define the project scope.
- Drive the completion of thorough requirements analysis (including business scoping), the development of use cases or user stories for the business processes.
- Work with business and technical resources to assess requirements and the ability to develop from the requirements in the current technical environment in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Manage, explain, and clarify the content and intent of requirements documents to the development team.
- Mentor external and internal stakeholders, including providing formal and informal training on in-development or developed solutions.
- Work with external and internal stakeholders to identify, define, and document new and existing business processes.
- Plan for, assure, and continuously improve the quality of in-development and developed solutions.
- Manage the design, development, and execution of test plans and test scripts and work with relevant stakeholders to define and develop testing requirements to validate in-development and developed solutions.
- Develop and approve test documentation (issue log, bug list) and ensures bugs are addressed appropriately in alignment with the internally established SLAs.
- Provides status updates on development and testing progress, including decision points and issues, and how they will be resolved.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to determine if the end product meets specifications for release.
- Works effectively with client personnel and the delivery team to resolve any issues or bugs identified in deployed solutions.
- Escalates identified concerns, issues and risks to the Product Manager and works with the Product Manager to resolve them.
- Communicates client feedback and/or comments to the Product Manager and assists in scoping the possibility of solution enhancements or new solutions.
- Ensure the security, confidentiality, and integrity of client information for yourself and team.
- Be the liaison between the Business, Product, development, and delivery teams.
Required Experience and Education
- 3-5 years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Ability to translate business needs into formal business requirements documents
- Previous healthcare experience, preferably in large-scale health provider (or other) transformation, implementation, or development programs, and/or the following sectors: healthcare IT, electronic medical record systems (EMR), analytics, systems integration, data management and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Strong listening skills and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to interface directly with key stakeholders
- Experience managing stakeholder expectations
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to handle diverse and flexible situations
- Effective problem-solving and issue resolution capabilities
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and supporting software (e.g. Atlassian suite)
- Solid understanding of Quality Assurance/Test processes and frameworks (manual and automated)
- Proven experience of Use-Case Modeling and persona development
- Strong analytical and project management skills required, including an understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in the following disciplines: software development lifecycle management, healthcare analytics, clinical systems, healthcare quality initiatives, healthcare terminology, healthcare data management/analysis
- SQL, MySQL, Microsoft Office, (Python), Jira, Project Management applications (MS Project, Smartsheet, etc)
- Thorough understanding of solution development life cycle methodologies, including QA
- Understanding of system architecture and application integration (front-end and back-end technologies, how they fit together)
- The company offers competitive compensation package, including:
- an incentive-based compensation plan
- comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance
- opportunity to participate in employee stock option program
- The office is conveniently located in the Chicago Loop, close to both Metra and CTA
- Apervita sponsors a Divvy membership and discounted gym membership
- Team members take advantage of a well-stocked adult beverage and soda fridge, as well as healthy and unhealthy snacks
- There are plenty of smart and friendly workmates
- Apervita employees enjoy afternoon happy hours, company activities like Whirlyball, and an open work environment
- Apervita encourages a culture of lively debate and discussion among all employees, always looking for the best answers for our customers and our company
Apervita provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Apervita complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.