With wasteful healthcare spending in the US estimated at $935 billion, we take our role as a healthcare innovator very seriously. Simply put, Apervita is on a mission to change the face of healthcare. We intend to do this by continuously improving the value of healthcare delivery through performance, measurements and insights.
Recognized as the trusted source for performance measurement through our proprietary cloud-based rules engine, we address the complexities of an industry transitioning to accountable-based care arrangements. Serving one of the nation’s largest regulatory organizations, more than 1-in-2 US hospitals and several nationally recognized health plans, Apervita conducts more than 10 billion value-based computations annually, providing vital insights that enable collaboration, build trust and advance value-centric care.
As we move into our next phase of growth, we’re looking for smart, passionate and fearless professionals to help us pursue our mission. We’ve earned the trust of our investors, including Optum Ventures, Baird Capital, Pritzker Group Venture Capital and Math Venture Partners, to further grow and scale our business in 2020. We’ve also been recognized as an industry leader by Gartner, CIOReview, Healthcare Tech Outlook and Healthcare Informatics. Always in search of the next “first,” Apervita was recently named the first company to certify electronic clinical quality measures from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) using our proprietary clinical quality language (CQL) ingestion engine. This is a significant leap forward in healthcare quality innovation and an indication of where we’re headed. We’re clearly on the cusp of something big and bold and can’t wait to see what happens next.
Are you up to the challenge?
The Business Analyst's primary role is to help the organization implement technology solutions in a cost-effective manner by defining the requirements of a product feature or set of features and communicating these requirements clearly to stakeholders. This individual serves as an important link between the company’s information technology capabilities and its business objectives. The Business Analyst will review, analyze and evaluate business systems and will translate customer needs into requirements that define the scope and objectives of new product features and capabilities and/or existing product enhancements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead meetings with internal and external stakeholders to elicit, write, clarify, translate, communicate and simplify product requirements;
- Ensure that proposed solutions meet business needs and requirements;
- Write agile epics and user stories and establish acceptance criteria for each user story including expected results (working with the analytics team);
- Effectively communicate new product features and enhancements to cross-functional team members and management;
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes;
- Serve as a technical expert on product requirements and analytic methods and as the liaison between the stakeholders, users, product and software development teams on product methods and features;
- Perform user acceptance testing;
- Monitor product deliverables and ensure timely completion of projects by identifying project milestones, phases and elements and by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports and recommending actions;
- Work with Product Management to prioritize business and information needs;
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues;
- Continuously improve business practices and efficiencies. Proactively recommend improvements to peers and managers using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Role is based in Boston or Chicago — regular, in-person presence required
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Exceptional conceptual design skills, critical thinking, ability to understand systems engineering concepts.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing skills and the ability to explain intricate and complicated concepts and ideas.
- Experience writing queries, creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as a positive contributor and member of a team
- SQL experience strongly preferred.
- Healthcare experience, including experience with healthcare analytic methodologies is a plus.
Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development and data mining is a plus.