Despite lots of hard work and the best of intentions, Healthcare largely remains a fragmented industry, with as much as $1 trillion wasted annually according to a recent Health Affairs article.
Simply put, Apervita is on mission to change that reality, and bring a 10X efficiency gain to healthcare. We make it easy for healthcare enterprises to create and connect streamlined applications with the systems, data and organizations they need to, helping them save lives, improve outcomes and reduce costs.
We are the first healthcare cloud platform.
Apervita is the nation’s first purpose-built for healthcare cloud-platform which allows users to to easily and rapidly build and share applications and information. Applications on the Apervita platform are used by over 2,000 hospitals today, which we expect to grow to 3,000 by the end of the year. Organizations from the Centers for Disease Control to The Joint Commission to some of the nation’s largest Payers use the Apervita platform to help them reach their clinical, financial and operational goals.
Backed by top healthcare VC’s and corporate investors such as Optum Ventures, The Pritzker Group and Baird Capital, we are entering a phase of unprecedented accelerated growth. In 2018, we grew annual recurring revenue 10X and we expect to more than double it during 2019. We’ve added millions of lines of code, added dozens products to the platform and we’re gaining rapid adoption of our platform from industry leaders.
As we grow and accelerate our position as the leading cloud platform for healthcare, we need help to solve hard problems. As a team, we seek to be bold in our technology, passionate in pursuit of our mission and humble in our interactions with customers and partners. Every day will start and end around our “why”; to create real human impact through technology.
Customer Success is when our Customers believe they are wildly successful achieving their desired outcome through their interactions with and use of Apervita. The Customer Success Team is responsible for the overall business success and executive relationship with Apervita customers.
As a Customer Success Manager, you’ll build deep relationships with our customers to help them realize and maximize the value of Apervita. You'll become a trusted advisor and the “go-to” person for answers and advice. You’ll be an integral part of their success, bringing value to every interaction and helping to transform giant ideas into reality.
We’re looking for individuals who have a passion for technology and the ambition to dive head-first into new challenges. You’ll need to become an Apervita technology expert. You’ll need to be adaptive and excited at the opportunity to help invent new processes, improve upon what’s already been built, and interact with customers on a daily basis. This is a rare opportunity to join a new team in one of its most exciting phases.
Your role will include an array of responsibilities – there will be a fair share of challenges, but even more opportunities. If you are up for this challenge, are excited about working directly with Apervita customers to positively impact patient lives and believe you can keep pace with a rapidly growing company with ambitious goals, we would love to hear from you. This is a full-time salaried position with great benefits and awesome coworkers.
You might be a good fit if…
- You are fearless in front of customers. You’ll be preparing and conducting all of your customer touchpoints which will include all levels of your customers’ organization (including C-Suite).
- You understand and are not afraid of healthcare data and technology. We’ll teach you all about the Apervita platform, but our customers and product are inherently technical.
- You are a self-starter. We’re still building the program, so you’ll be responsible for owning and executing on projects and initiatives.
- You are customer-centric. You will have the unique opportunity to grow customer accounts and continuously identify new ways to make their lives easier through value-add Apervita solutions and services.
- You embrace teamwork. You’ll be working with multiple teams on a regular basis (sales, marketing, engineering, support, product, etc.), and sometimes it takes a village to get a customer over the finish line. Customer Success results from all of the combined interactions with leadership, finance, marketing, sales, informatics, engineering, and everyone else engaging Customers throughout their entire lifecycle.
- You are adaptive. You love an ever-changing environment where you are constantly improving yourself and your processes.
- You are an expert communicator. You can communicate effectively, regardless of the audience or medium.
- You have an eye for spotting risk. You can identify and mitigate risk while helping our customers meet their goals.
- You are entrepreneurially minded. In this role you will be empowered to own and manage all aspects of the customer delivery and support relationship.
- Your primary responsibility will be program/project management for onboarding, training, support, application delivery, and on-going Customer relationship development – you will own, and have ultimate responsibility for, your assigned customers.
- Drive Customer Success Outcomes
- Drive business case development, documentation, and communication
- Implementation planning and management
- Eliciting/organizing requirements
- Drive the design or review of test cases, process change requests, and manage a project’s scope, acceptance, installation and deployment
- Create high levels of customer advocacy and engagement
- Define and Optimize Customer Lifecycle
- Map customer journey
- Develop listening points in journey (e.g., usage, satisfaction, etc.)
- Standardize interventions for each point in journey
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Learn from best practices in industry
- Coordinate/Manage Customer Success Activities
- Professional Services
- Customer Support
- Measure Effectiveness of Customer Success
Required Experience and Education
- Experience in leading customer software development and/or deployment projects with relevant management and/or consulting experience in a technical environment
- Previous healthcare experience, preferably in large-scale health provider (or other) transformation, implementation, or development programs, and/or the following sectors: healthcare IT, electronic medical record systems (EMR), analytics, systems integration, data management and reporting
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Works collaboratively with key stakeholders within Apervita to ensure the customer experience is exceptional
- Creative problem-solving skills with adapting approach as needed for each customer
- High emotional intelligence and ability to resolve conflict wherever it arises
- Capacity to adapt and lead others to understand and accept values, strategies, goals and plans in response to changing business conditions
- Strong empathy for customers
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree; preference for computer science or related degrees
- PMP Certification
Preferred Education and Experience
- MBA or other relevant master’s degree
- Large scale healthcare SaaS development, deployment, and support experience
- Experience in the following disciplines: software development lifecycle management, healthcare analytics, clinical systems, healthcare quality initiatives, healthcare terminology, healthcare data management/analysis
- Experience driving high customer retention and increased customer satisfaction
- History of forging strong relationships internally and externally
Preferred Technical and Tools Experience
- SQL, MySQL, Microsoft Office, (Python), Jira, Project Management applications (MS Project, Smartsheet, etc)
- The company offers competitive compensation package, including:
- an incentive-based compensation plan
- comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance
- opportunity to participate in employee stock option program
- The office is conveniently located in the Chicago Loop, close to both Metra and CTA
- Apervita sponsors a Divvy membership and discounted gym membership
- Team members take advantage of a well-stocked adult beverage and soda fridge, as well as healthy and unhealthy snacks
- There are plenty of smart and friendly workmates
- Apervita employees enjoy afternoon happy hours, company activities like Whirlyball, and an open work environment
- Apervita encourages a culture of lively debate and discussion among all employees, always looking for the best answers for our customers and our company